Diary: 2024-04-25

 

Today was my first day of being in charge of the accounting department. That sounds way more dramatic than it was. I did have a quick 15-minute call/meeting with the accounting staff to let them know that Clara had gone on maternity leave but she and the baby are doing fine.  Other than that, it was uneventful. I only had two presentations today. Given his feedback after each, I think Larry is ready to lead one tomorrow. He is nervous about it, but I have faith in him.

The law office where I had to go to give my deposition was not far from my office, so I took a long lunch. I had never given a deposition before and was very nervous but it went okay. They, for the record, asked me some background questions, like my name and where I lived. They then asked me how I knew Lee. I told them how we met, and how charming he was. I told them about our various dates and, much to my embarrassment, the times we slept together. I told them how I was told he was single but looking to start a family. I then told them how I found out about his wife and how I approached her afterward. 

They then asked me why I was testifying today. I wasn't prepared for that question but I just told them the truth. I was pissed at Lee because he made me the "other woman." I never wanted to be a cheater that would cause another woman harm. It is something I hate and never wanted to do and Lee tricked me into being the other woman. Had I known, I would have never dated him, no matter how charming he was. I was a little surprised at how passionate that came out of me and I think it surprised some of the lawyers too, judging from the looks on their faces.

Anyway, after that they said they would be in contact with me if they needed me to testify. I will wait to see what happens.

Cheers for now.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A What Doll?

People's Reactions

Diary: 2024-03-23